|<----- Back to CE home page|
FDA/ CE Certifications
40 Speen St., #106
Framingham, MA 01701
508-877-3660 ext. 6
April 1, 2002
Dear Sponsor of CE Activities,
1. FDA/CE no longer certifies LMFT activities for Connecticut licensed MFT’s. For CT certifications, please contact Yvette Jarreau at the CT Assn. for MFT. You can call Yvette at: 203-544-8720. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FDA/CE does continue to offer certification for LMFT activities for Massachusetts and Rhode Island licensed MFT's. Many other states also accept our certification. Check our web site or call for details.
2. Application fees have changed, as of September, 2001. The new fee structure requires full fee (based on contact hours) for the first application for each state. The flat rate fee for subsequent applications is now $15 each, per state. The fee for 14.5 contact hours or more is now $35.00. Further details of the new fee structure can be found on our web site.
3. Due to the above changes, our application form has changed. You can download our new application from our web site. If you need a hard copy sent to you, let us know.
4. Repeat programs can be approved easily by sending us a copy of your previous program approval, a note with the new schedule and location, and a fee of $15 per activity per state. To qualify as a repeat, the activity must be identical to the one previously certified (including instructors) and must begin within 12 months of the completion of the previous activity. If your activity does not qualify as a repeat, you will need to submit a complete application.
5. Self-study and home study activities are certified on an annual basis. You must renew your certification for each activity, for each 12 month period. There is no limit on the number of licensee's you can offer the program to, so long as they each complete the program within a period of active certification. You must inform them of the outside completion date to assure they will receive CE credit.
6. Save the trees! We need only one copy of your application, and we do not need résumés for every presenter at a conference. We need one resume, or some other documentation of only one presenter's professional qualifications. This can be the presenter who is taking primary responsibility for the activity, or at conferences it can be a keynote presenter.
7. You can now check our web site to see if your application has been approved. You will see your activity listed in the "certified activities" list. The web site is now updated weekly. You will also receive a printed approval in the mail. If you receive approval and are not listed on the web site, please let us know immediately.
8. The average time from receipt of an application to approval is now 3 weeks. At our busiest times, it can be longer. Please try to submit your application at least 4 weeks prior to needing to know about certification.
9. Our preferred means of communication is now email. We
can usually respond to emails within an hour or so of receiving them.
Please use email@example.com .
On behalf of LMFT’s in Massachusetts and Rhode Island we want to thank you all for making your professional educational activities available and for helping us to strengthen the profession of Marriage & Family Therapy.
Michael I. Vickers, PhD, LMFT
|<----- Back to CE home page|